Saturday, September 15, 2012

I have mixed feelings. And colors.

There are many emotions running through my head right now, but one stands out among them- I am tired. Take each emotion. Pick a color for each. Red for anger, blue for sad, and so on. Tired, in my mind, is when all of those colors mix together to make that awful brownish swirl of chaos I used to make as a kid with water colors. None of the colors are discernible anymore, but they're certainly not any prettier. Metaphors.

Earlier today, I decided I would pick a color for excitement. It's sort of an off-white, like eggshell. As I started warming up for my 100 yard breaststroke today my mood was definitely this off-white. The second I let go of the block, though, suddenly my eggshell EXPLODED and I discovered the color of adrenaline- it's a blinding white. Yeah, yeah, adrenaline's not an emotion. Whatever. Anyway, in those last 25 yards, I felt like I was on FIRE. It was awesome, and white might become my new favorite color. Stroke. Breathe. Kick. Repeat. Now read that in your head as fast as your mind can possibly process it- now you know how fast I thought I was going. Too bad I didn't actually swim fast.

To end the day, a nice mellow yellow sounded good to me. Family watching The Artist? Yeah, I can handle it. No color to worry about there anyway, unless you're counting those 50 shades of gray. Wait...

There's a dark gray swirling into my brownish color scheme... Must be past my bed time! Any time I write that I'm starting to see black, call 911 immediately please. Thanks. Good night. I'll be here all week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment