Sunday, October 7, 2012

Shattered Illusions

I'll start with this image and go from there. I spend way too much time looking at Harry Potter memes.


All I see is Harry Potter. Even when I was watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes, it was just too weird when Tom Felton came on screen without his accent. Obviously, the movie theater where it was showing couldn't handle it either- some time after Felton taunted the apes in the cages, the power in the theater blew, and all of us sitting in our seats had about ten minutes to absorb the shock of seeing a Harry Potter character in another movie. I kid you not. In hindsight, I probably should have looked around the theater for any suspicious looking audience members donning a black cloak and muttering strange words while staring intently at the screen. 

That was a year ago though. For more shattered illusions, see Marble Hornets, then do a little research on the actors involved. Oh dear lord. If you're watching Marble Hornets for the scariness, I highly recommend you don't go looking for the YouTube channel called "troyhasacamera." But if you're stupid like me, watch some of their videos. It reminds me of another Harry Potter meme...

Analogy- Fully functional, caring, & supportive wife: Marble Hornets :: Crazy bitch: troyhasacamera

I personally think that even though troyhasacamera's mini movies are ridiculous and completely random, the editing skills there explain the awesomeness of Marble Hornets. I guess they just got tired of normal acting and horror story plots and just... Did the complete opposite of everything. Sometimes the sound editing is a little too extreme for my taste in the troyhasacamera videos, but the facial expressions and the plots just kill me. At least Marble Hornets will never be scary for me ever again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment